The International Theatre Photography
The International Theatrical Photography Competition “THEATRE EXPOSED” is held annually and is dedicated to World Theatre Day.
Art is eternal if it is captured by a theatrical photographer!
Goals and objectives:
Celebration of the World Theatre Day, bringing together representatives of the theatrical community around the globe, not only playwrights, directors and actors, but also other numerous professionals who connected their life with the stage – stage designers, dressers, artists, musicians, illuminators, and photographers/
Participants of the Photo contest:
Anyone who loves theatre can take part in. Participation is free.
Dates of the Photo contest:
from September 15, 2020, to January 15, 2021
- art photo
- portrait photo
- movement in art (active movement, street theatre, immersive theatre)
- retro photo (archival photo taken before the 80s. XX century)
- open category (experimental category)
The International Jury of the «THEATRE EXPOSED-2021» competition included: Yuri Mechitov (Tbilisi, Georgia) – the legendary Georgian photographer, author of many books, including the photo album Sergey Parajanov. Chronicle of dialogue”; Jelena Vilt (Tallinn, Estonia) – photo-artist, theater photographer; Sergey Zhdanovich (Minsk, Belarus) – photographer, artist; Izya Shlosberg (Maryland, USA) – artist, writer, philosopher, founder of the Shiva-club creative union; Elena Martynyuk (Ukraine-Russia) – Honored Photographer of the International Federation of Photographic Art, Member of the European Union of Professional Photographers; Makinde Adeniran (Abeokut, Nigeria) – playwright, director, chairman of the National Association of Nigerian Theater Arts (NANTAP Lagos state); Ariel Cecilio Lemus (Havana, Cuba) – photographer; Jovan Vidakovic (Trebinje, Bosnia and Herzegovina) – photographer, participant and winner of previous competitions; Reza Mozafari Manesh (Iran, Tehran) – photographer, participant and winner of the previous competition.
Conditions of the competition:
Each participant must register, fill out the form before January 15, 2021, https://forms.gle/D43VYi87xrLUAM8W8
Photos are accepted in e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
View by addresses marked “Photo Contest-2021”.
– from each participant no more than 5 photos are taken in each of the nominations;
– the photo must meet the following criteria: composition; artistry; the disclosure of the topic; originality; foreshortening; nuances and details; rhythm; inspiration; emotionality; coloring; the plot; key moment; dynamism.
– the photo must be high-quality, clear, the image file format, no more than 1.5 MB (2000 by 1500 px), the extension is only JPG, JPEG;
The competition is not allowed:
– collages, pictures with inscriptions, date, frames, filters, excessive processing in the graphics editor;
– photos, copyrights to which belong to another person.
Jury of the contest
The jury of the competition is formed from people of different professions, close to art.
The jury will be represented by January 15, 2021.
Winner’s reward ceremony
The winners are determined by the international jury, and a separate audience prize will be selected by open voting on the contest page.
The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places are awarded to the participants whose photos scored the most votes and won by open voting.
The winner of the Grand Prix and prizes in all nominations are announced on March 27, 2021, at a solemn ceremony dedicated to International Theatre Day.
Photos of the finalists will be published on the pages of partners and presented at exhibitions within the framework of the International Theatre Day in partner organizations.
Copyright and intellectual property:
– participants in the photo contest guarantee their authorship of the photo they send; in the event of any claims of third parties in relation to the said photograph, the participants undertake to settle them on their own and at their own expense;
– sending a photo to the contest, the participants automatically confirm that they do not violate copyrights and other intellectual rights, and bear full responsibility for this, according to the legislation of Ukraine;
– the fact of participation in this competition implies that its participants are acquainted and agree with the listed items and with the terms of the user agreement;
– in everything that is not provided by these rules, the organizer and participants of the competition are guided by the current Law of Ukraine “On Copyright and Related Rights”.
The Regulations of the competition are subject to change.
Project page on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/157152981673728/?ref=bookmarks
DEADLINE: January 15, 2021 -extended until February 15, 2021!
WINNER IS: Judged